The Gallery

A place to experiment with displaying our artwork.

Monday, April 24, 2006

Made chandelier earring



I'm excited because I finally made a chandelier earring that I like. I went to a beadshow last weekend and got these turquoise nugget beads - the lumpy, bubblegum-looking kind. Plus, these wonderful Indian bells - a whole bag of them.

So now I have a turquoise necklace and jingly-earring set. These earrings are super jingly. Almost to the point of being annoyingly cheerful. But I feel they are keeping away the uncheerful spirits.

Making the earrings wasn't too hard- kind of labor intensive, but I think it would get easier with practice. Lots of issues with making pins the right length and getting the loops right. Plus, I did my first "wire working" in which I hammered flat the little spiral at the bottom of the center turquoise bead. It came out pretty nice, I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home